- Library and local government leaders need to connect on community priorities.
- Building partnerships is the key to innovation.
- Leadership happens at all levels of an organization.
- Successful partnerships require commitment to the effort.
- Innovation occurs in communities of all sizes.
- Not every effort will be successful.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
ICMA Releases Report on Public Library Innovations
The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) has just released a report entitled "Maximize the Potential of Your Public Library" as part of its Public Library Innovations Project, supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The report details the results of nine grant projects that connected local public libraries with other local government and community partners. The report describes six themes that emerged from the grant projects: