Wednesday, September 29, 2010

David Polodna, Winding Rivers Library System Director, Announces Retirement

David Polodna, director at Winding Rivers Library System, announced to his board on September 22 that he will be retiring on April 15, 2011. David provided his announcement well in advance to give the board adequate time to conduct its first-ever director search.

David says "I'm approaching this retirement as an adventure and it is not being driven by problems but by opportunities.  That being said, I don't have specific plans for what I will do with my time, though I'm sure I'll have no difficulty filling it meaningfully.  I'm often reminded of a statement Morrie made, at one of those Tuesday meetings, that seems especially appropriate now: don't leave too soon, but don't stay too long. This seems like the right moment."

Congratulations, David.

No comments: