Thursday, November 06, 2008

Wii? Wheee!

A fine time was had by all at the WLA Foundation fundraiser, Wee? Wii? Que??...Gaming! Participants had the chance to play Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Wii bowling, and something called DDR that made me tired just to look at it. I got to try Wii bowling and Guitar Hero for the first time (under the expert and patient tutelage of some of my younger colleagues) and had loads o' fun -- while still getting trounced.

Music was provided by the fabulous Mississippi Blue -- the talented David Polodna and Mike Obmascher playing great tunes of their own plus covers of some old favorites. I especially enjoyed hearing "Pocahontas," an old Neil Young song that no one remembers except me and Mississippi Blue.

Thanks to the Foundation, the sponsors of the event, and all the fun folks who played.

No comments: