Monday, September 27, 2004

"I Love Libraries & I Vote!" Campaign Continues

There's still time to order and display your "I Love Libraries & I Vote!" buttons and decals! And, of course, make sure to vote on November 2 before you come to the WLA Conference.

The "I Love Libraries & I Vote" campaign is going strong. WLA has distributed nearly 19,000 buttons and 6,000 static-cling decals with the I Love Libraries logo. (Thanks to Deb Haeffner, South Central Library System for creating the design.) Library supporters in Illinois, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, and Florida have placed orders for I Love Libraries promotional merchandise.

In addition to distributing the stickers and decals, several library systems have hosted or have scheduled Library Listening Sessions with state legislative candidates and office holders. Eastern Shores Library System and Waukesha County Library System each hosted one earlier this summer, and Nicolet Federated Library System has schedule four sessions in September. South Central Library System members are holding four sessions in September and October. Milwaukee County Federated Library System will host one October 23. Consult with your library system office for a detailed schedule.

No comments: